I’ve made a number of new year’s resolutions for 2016, and this is one I definitely plan on keeping. I’m joining the Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge for 2016. This year, I commit to reading 15 books.
Why only 15?
For one, the books I plan to read this year are pretty long. This list includes Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, Book 2) by Brandon Sanderson and The Wise Man’s Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, Book 2) by Patrick Rothfuss.
Secondly, I’m also participating in The Re-Read Challenge this 2016.
Thirdly, I read books in a variety of other genres, including science-fiction, so I plan to read those as well. I wonder if there’s a sci-fi reading challenge somewhere out there? Maybe I should start one someday.
Other books I plan to read for Flights of Fantasy are:
- The Alloy of Law (Mistborn, Book 4) by Brandon Sanderson
- Shadows of Self (Mistborn, Book 5) by Brandon Sanderson
- Invasion of the Tearling (Queen of the Tearling, Book 2) by Erika Johansen
- Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, Book 3) by Sarah J. Maas
- Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, Book 4) by Sarah J. Maas
- Authority (Southern Reach, Book 2) by Jeff Vandermeer
- Acceptance (Southern Reach, Book 3) by Jeff Vandermeer
- The Magicians (The Magicians, Book 1) by Lev Grossman
- The Sword of Shannara (The Original Shannara Trilogy, Book 1) by Terry Brooks
- The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, Book 1) by Scott Lynch
I’m really excited to be participating in the 2016 FOF Challenge, and I hope to surpass my reading goal for this year.